The Community Awareness/Fundraising Coordinator will develop, implement and evaluate special events, fundraising and community awareness campaigns, and manage external communications. Through the use of various tools and social media platforms, the coordinator will be responsible for building awareness of ACS, its mission, the services it provides, and volunteer opportunities.
- Utilize a variety of media opportunities including radio, print, digital/social media to deliver clear, positive messages to the community
- Manage all social media profiles
- Plan and implement community projects and events, as well as fundraising events
- Attend staff meetings as required to provide input and stay aware of ongoing changes as they arise
- Work with stakeholders to understand their needs and improve communications. Develop and evaluate results of community surveys
- Assist in fundraising in any appropriate capacity
- Assist in writing and creation of internal and external documents such as client handbooks, annual reports, etc.
- Write, draft, and publish content for website and social media. Maintain website performance and update as needed.
- Take photos and video during event. Edit and create visual content for various media
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, fundraising, or related
- Experience working in a fundraising or marketing setting
- Thorough understanding of digital marketing practices and social media platforms
- Computer knowledge of programs such as: Microsoft Office, WordPress, HTML. Knowledge of Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) an asset.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality regarding organization-related matters and client/volunteer information
- Great verbal and written communication skills; good grammar is essential
- Must be attentive to details and have a strong sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Experience with CMS (WordPress) an asset
- Fluency in French an asset
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume addressed to Kathy DiBartolomeo attached. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent