Words cannot express how much Meals on Wheels helped my mom and our family. You could tell the care they put into the meals and it was nice knowing mom would have someone check up on her during the day while I’m at work.
What is Meals on Wheels?
Meals on Wheels provides healthy meals to seniors and adults who need a helping hand. At ACS, all of our meals are made in-house and delivered straight to your door by a network of over 100 friendly, local volunteers.
Benefits of Meals on Wheels
- Live independently in your own home longer
- Peace of mind that you’ll be visited during the day by friendly volunteers
- River Town Times newspaper brought into your home to save you having to collect it from driveway*
- Frozen meals available for weekends, holidays, or extra meals
Each Meal From ACS Includes
- One Main Entree (usually a protein)
- One Side Serving
- Hot Soup
- Homemade, healthy dessert
*Applies only to Amherstburg residents who receive regular River Town Times paper.
We deliver meals from Monday-Friday, except holidays, around the noon hour. You are free to choose which days of the week you would like to receive meals. We also offer frozen meals for you to enjoy on days we don’t deliver.
When you register for this service, our coordinator will note all dietary restrictions so every meal is safe and enjoyable.
We deliver to residents of Amherstburg, Harrow, LaSalle, and McGregor. Our meals cost $6.50 and are billed monthly.
DID YOU KNOW?
Meals on Wheels are for adults of any age! If you’ve recently had a surgery/operation or have a medical condition that hinders your ability to prepare your own healthy meals, give us a call!