I’ve really enjoyed the Meals on Wheels. The meal comes around 11 a.m. and it’s always hot and delicious. The soups are especially good. Healthy eating and I’m good for the rest of the day! Many thanks to the volunteers.
What is Meals on Wheels?
Meals on Wheels provides healthy meals to seniors and adults who need a helping hand. At ACS, all of our meals are made in-house and delivered straight to your door by a network of over 100 friendly, local volunteers.
Benefits of Meals on Wheels
- Live independently in your own home longer
- Peace of mind that you’ll be visited weekdays by friendly volunteers
- River Town Times newspaper brought to your home*
- Frozen meals available for weekends, holidays, or extra meals
Each Meal From ACS Includes
- One Main Entree (usually a protein)
- One Side Serving
- Hot Soup
- Homemade, healthy dessert
- Catering to your dietary needs (chopped, pureed, or minced)
*Applies only to Amherstburg residents.
We deliver meals from Monday-Friday, except holidays, around the noon hour. You are free to choose which days of the week you would like to receive meals. We also offer frozen meals for you to enjoy on days we don’t deliver.
When you register for this service, our coordinator will note all dietary restrictions so every meal is safe and enjoyable.
We deliver to residents of Amherstburg, Harrow, LaSalle, and McGregor. Our meals cost $7.25 and are billed monthly.
DID YOU KNOW?
Meals on Wheels are for adults of any age! If you’ve recently had a surgery/operation or have a medical condition that hinders your ability to prepare your own healthy meals, give us a call!